Friday, May 4, 2012

Week 1

                I will be doing a book report, including this blog (or portions of it), a written essay, and a oral presentation, on The Silver Chair by C. S. Lewis for Mrs. Mata this month. Throughout the book only two things remain constant, the clues and Jill Pole and Eustace Scrubb, the two main characters, which was giving me an awful amount of grief while I was trying to come up with a theme for my presentation and then, while playing a game with my younger brothers, it came to me. I would make the game Clue into my project.
I will make the game box, a map of the world of Narnia, each of the rumor cards, intrigue cards, and character cards for each of the necessary points which I have to include in the presentation. The map with the kitchen and observatory and such will be a map of all the places that the characters go through, the intrigue cards will be syntax phrases, annotations, and rhetoric, the character profile cards will be a portion of the literary elements, the rumor cards will be the other part of the literary elements, and the book information will be where the game information would be on the side of the box.
              So far I have made the intrigue/syntax/annotations/rhetoric cards which can be turned into rumor cards with just a few clicks and the character profile cards. I am very excited about putting my design onto the box and into the cards. The pawns that are moved around the board will come last probably but that is not certain. The characters Jill Pole, Eustace Scrubb, Puddleglum, Prince Rilian, The Emeral Witch, and Aslan are the main characters that will be pawns and will have character profile cards with literary elements. This is all that I have so far. This box will probably be made by Tuesday and the map will be done hopefully by next Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment