Friday, May 11, 2012

Week 2

  So far I have spent the majority of my project time actually constructing the project and figuring out which topics I will cover in which order. I am working on summaries for each topic and by Wednesday I should be doing partial run-throughs.

  Well, I did not actually get a chance to finish my box when I had planned but I have a good jump start on it. All of the pictures and slants are directly proportional to the actual box of clue at my house. I will finish the bottom half of said box as soon as I get another poster board and some time to sharpie it up. Unfortunately, at my house we do not have very able printers who do what they are told so all of my pictures will be gray-scaled but on the other hand the game is very dark and sort of colorless anyway. Well my version is pretty dark, not the original. The cards will be updated by Monday hopefully, though there are no guarantees.

  I think I found some pretty nifty photos for my project to embellish my project further. I believe they are pretty self explanatory.




  I have finished cutting out and shaping the box but it is not permanent formed to a box because I still need to write the summary on the side and put the photos on the sides. It shall be done soon.

Top right; "the Silver Chair". Underneath, "Follow the Clues to Find the Prince". Left, long invitation/teaser. Bottom left, "By C.S. Lewis. Book 6. Pages - 246." Bottom right, "Janelle A. Polcyn". Photos left to right, Puddleglum's wigwam, Emerald Witch casting spell, Prince Rilian's final struggle with the Emerald Witch's alternate identity.

  I am now on a mission to find some way to build the game board and get the map onto it. I am not entirely sure how it is I shall accomplish this mission. I may swing by goodwill and see if they have an old game for a couple of quarters. With luck I will be the owner of a completed game board by next Friday! Any ideas are very welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment